If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: My DCP Collection  (Read 39210 times)

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: My DCP Collection
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 11:24:28 PM »
Well guys, I've bought the C.W. McCall tanker and the Horseshoe 379 and they are scheduled for delivery from Midwest on 1/7/08. I'll post pictures when I recieve them. All day, I've been updating my "wish list" on Photobucket. Figuring out which trucks I still need. I've named the pictures after the production numbers from DCP. If I already have it, "got_it" is in the file name. If I've seen them for sale, I add the cheapest price I've found for it to the file name. If the file name says "or_other", it means I won't be too picky about getting THAT model, I'd accept a different one that's for the same trucking company. The covered wagon and the end dump, I'm not picky about which one I get at all... just need that type of trailer hooked to some kind of truck. I'm not showing you guys this so you can all get me a birthday present, I just want to hear what you think about the models I want if you have them in your collection. Also, let me know if you know where to get them for cheaper than I've found or if you know where I can find one I don't have a price on yet. Plus, I'd appreciate some warning if one of them will be difficult to find or REALLY expensive. Anyway, thanks in advance. 8-)
Here's the link again.
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/peterbilttrucker/DCP%20Wish%20List/
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 11:24:28 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 03:44:59 AM »
Well, interesting!  8-) I'll have to give ya some comments on some of those!  :wink: And I'll begin at the bottom...

Central Refrig Columbia - haven't seen that one around for a while; one of the KW W900Ls for Central will be a lot easier to get a hold of, and cheaper, too. Not to mention the First Gear Volvos for them, but then... they're Volvos...  :roll: :-D
E.A. Miller Binder - this one is hard to come by as well anymore... Ebay will be the only place to look for it, and it will most likely be expensive. There is a First Gear 1/64 Volvo model for E.A. Miller that's still readily available, but then... it's a Volvo...  :wink:
L.W. Miller cattle pot - I've seen them around on Ebay, and I believe Ed Hofmann in Billings have them (meaning all three L.W.'s), but they're not cheap. However, I did see the L.W. Miller chemical tanker for $52 here: http://dcfarmtoys.com/farmtoys/diecast.html
Sharp 379 - another one that's not easy to find any more, and also not cheap. I know Joseph29 has it, so we might have to find out where he lives.  :roll: :-D
Pride 379 - same thing as the Sharp: not easy to find, and definitely not cheap...  :|
Blue Swift KW W900L - don't think this one's too easy to find any more either; haven't seen it anywhere at least. May fall into the same category as the two above...

The rest should be readily available (possible exception for the Miller Bros Express, which I just noticed is sold out from Midwest); whether they will be cheap is another matter...  :roll:

Good luck.  :wink:

Jan.

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Kevin Young

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 05:59:48 AM »
Jan pretty  much hit it on the head the ones he mentioned might be hard to get but ask  around theres alot of dealers out there who might have what your looking for. My best advice is go to S and K board and go under links it will give you a list of dealers out there. People I use are Jaydeez and Midwest both top notch outfits but theres a ton more. Kevin

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 08:56:18 AM »
Well, interesting!  8-) I'll have to give ya some comments on some of those!  :wink: And I'll begin at the bottom...

Central Refrig Columbia - haven't seen that one around for a while; one of the KW W900Ls for Central will be a lot easier to get a hold of, and cheaper, too. Not to mention the First Gear Volvos for them, but then... they're Volvos...  :roll: :-D
E.A. Miller Binder - this one is hard to come by as well anymore... Ebay will be the only place to look for it, and it will most likely be expensive. There is a First Gear 1/64 Volvo model for E.A. Miller that's still readily available, but then... it's a Volvo...  :wink:
L.W. Miller cattle pot - I've seen them around on Ebay, and I believe Ed Hofmann in Billings have them (meaning all three L.W.'s), but they're not cheap. However, I did see the L.W. Miller chemical tanker for $52 here: http://dcfarmtoys.com/farmtoys/diecast.html
Sharp 379 - another one that's not easy to find any more, and also not cheap. I know Joseph29 has it, so we might have to find out where he lives.  :roll: :-D
Pride 379 - same thing as the Sharp: not easy to find, and definitely not cheap...  :|
Blue Swift KW W900L - don't think this one's too easy to find any more either; haven't seen it anywhere at least. May fall into the same category as the two above...

The rest should be readily available (possible exception for the Miller Bros Express, which I just noticed is sold out from Midwest); whether they will be cheap is another matter...  :roll:

Good luck.  :wink:

Jan.

Thanks so much for the help... exactly the information I was looking for and it confirmed many of my suspicions.

I'll probably end up getting one of the Central W900LS instead of the Freightshaker. :wink:
Jaydeez STILL has a Miller Binder in the back room, but it IS pricey. :-o
There will be no Volvos purchased by me. :-P
I've also seen the L.W. tanker, but kinda have my heart set on the cattle pot. :roll:
I REALLY should've pushed harder to win that Sharp 379 when it was on ePay. :cry:
Was there also a Pride Century that they did, or were the black showtruck, "Orange Crush", and this white 379 the only Pride trucks produced? I'd probably settle for a Century if so, but I don't really want the others. :?
Again, Swift is one that I'd settle for the Columbia they did... I just don't want one of those doubles sets. :|
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:05:20 AM by peterbilttrucker »

1953 kw bullnose

• Thats right!
    • My truck show pics.
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »

There not that bad.... but then again ....... there not that good lookin.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 09:10:10 AM »
Thanks so much for the help... exactly the information I was looking for and it confirmed many of my suspicions.

I'll probably end up getting one of the Central W900LS instead of the Freightshaker. :wink:
Jaydeez STILL has a Miller Binder in the back room, but it IS pricey. :-o
I've also seen the L.W. tanker, but kinda have my heart set on the cattle pot. :roll:
I REALLY should've pushed harder to win that Sharp 379 when it was on ePay. :cry:
Was there also a Pride Century that they did, or were the black showtruck, "Orange Crush", and this white 379 the only Pride trucks produced? I'd probably settle for a Century if so, but I don't really want the others. :?
Again, Swift is one that I'd settle for the Columbia they did... I just don't want one of those doubles sets. :|

Glad to be able to help, Ryan! And I kind of figured you wouldn't want any Volvos, hehe.  :wink:

As for the Pride DCPs; yes, there was a Pride Century made, but I believe it is just as hard to find as the 379... Never seen either of them around; seen the two show trucks around plenty, though, but I just can't say I like the DCP versions of those two myself, especially not after you showed me that black daycab was actually a short hood...  :|

I know what you mean about the L.W. Miller cattle pot; it's my favorite of the three models they had made, too. You may be aware of this difference, but the reefer one is the only one that has the high air dam on top of the tractor with the company name on it, the other two tractors are identical to the reefer one apart from that, they even have the same unit numbers...  :roll:

And just out of curiousity, how much do they want for the Miller Binder?  :?

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 03:09:54 PM »
The E.A. Miller Beef truck has a price tag of $95.00! :-o

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 04:28:03 AM »

Dang!  :-o

I got mine and my J.E. Fortin Freightliner (which is apparently quite rare, too) together at Dyersville this spring for $90...  :roll:

Jan.

Joseph29

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 01:50:30 PM »

That's why I hope DCP makes a E.A. Miller Beef truck with the new Volvo cab.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »
That's why I hope DCP makes a E.A. Miller Beef truck with the new Volvo cab.

I do too, but I don't know how good the chances are for that as First Gear already made an E.A. Miller 1/64 Volvo...  :|

Jan.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
Still no new additions and still no Francis rig (I'm broke). I just happened to notice today that the cab tilts on the Transtars! Why didn't someone tell me?! :-P

That's cool stuff and I didn't know about it for MONTHS! :roll:

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
Still no Francis rig?!?!!  :-o

Jan.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
Wouldn't matter if the Francis guys recieved theirs or not, I ain't got the cash! :|
I have a couple birthdays coming up that I need to pay for too.....

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »
Still no new additions and still no Francis rig (I'm broke). I just happened to notice today that the cab tilts on the Transtars! Why didn't someone tell me?! :-P

That's cool stuff and I didn't know about it for MONTHS! :roll:

That's a really cool model!  I wish I had one.  Does the top of the sleeper come off showing the interior too?

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
Thanks!
No, I don't know of a DCP model that does have a removable roof... Tonkin has that on 1/53 scale trucks.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs