If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Asian Truck Board Introduction.  (Read 10576 times)

Daniel

Asian Truck Board Introduction.
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:36 PM »
Welcome to the Asian Truck Makes Board.

Asian Truck makes play a significant part in the Worlds Transport industry, not just in Asia but in most countries in the world you will find one working somewhere.  Take Australia and New Zealand for instance my home countries. I have grown up with these trucks around on the road for as long as i can remember.  Japanese Brand Trucks are a regular sight on the roads here in Australia where i live now, and you can see them in nearly every application possible, from being local Council plant and machinery, tipper/dump and road maintanance vehicles, to round town pick up and Deliveries, to towing a set of B-Train trailers.

This Board is to use to discuss Truck makes and models from all Asian countries, and the different parts of the world these trucks are used in, and how they are used. I know these trucks are not popluar with everyone, but they are interesting trucks and i have grown up around them. I know these trucks are used in U.S and Canada too, and some feedback and pictures in here about them would be great.

Here is a Sample of Asian Trucks from around the world.

Canada:  PICTURE,  HANK SUDERMAN  HANK'S TRUCK PICTURES

U.S.A:  PICTURE,   THADDEUS WOSKOWIAK  THADDEUS WOSKOWIAK COLLECTION

New Zealand:  PICTURES,  ROD SIMMONDS  ROD SIMMONDS COLLECTION

Australia:  Pics, by myself.

Please use this Board to post pictures, share information, or ask any questions about Japanese, Chinese, Korean branded trucks and any other country in that general area.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:57:29 PM by Daniel »

Hank's Truck Forum

Asian Truck Board Introduction.
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:36 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Alan Drake

• Regular Membership
Re: Asian Truck Board Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:41:35 AM »

Here we have a HINO 700 series mixer in the UK. When Paccar closed the Foden brand down I think they thought all the Foden customers would then buy DAF's, but HINO have  had a big push on the construction market, tippers/mixers and have been very successful. They have recruited several new dealerships and are offering on the road delivery times that other manufacturers can't match.

D50

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 08:33:22 AM »
Cool photos! I remember reading that Fodens were better equipped for the vocational market compared to DAF. What shortcomings does DAF have in their vocational truck range?

Felipe Garcia

• Regular Membership
    • FelipeGarcia | Aviation & Truck Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 09:30:05 AM »
The mini-mixer looks cool
My website
Truck Photography, Mixers and more.
http://www.felipe-garcia.net
UPDATED 13JUL12

Alan Drake

• Regular Membership
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »
 D50.  Idont know as the DAF is any worsethan the Foden was as they were built on the same production line track. Foden had a certain kudos about the name ( a bit like Mack), and people didn't like the way the name was just 'retired' (Paccar terminology ) and the buyers and dealers just switched to HINO.
 Felipe  That mixer grosses in at around 32 tonnes, as big as you can get on a rigid in the UK. You can get bigger ones,as artics but they are not popular here. A mini mixer in the Uk grosses in on 2 axles at 18 tonnes.

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 12:43:29 AM »

Here we have a HINO 700 series mixer in the UK. When Paccar closed the Foden brand down I think they thought all the Foden customers would then buy DAF's, but HINO have  had a big push on the construction market, tippers/mixers and have been very successful. They have recruited several new dealerships and are offering on the road delivery times that other manufacturers can't match.

Alan looks like Hino is making quite an impact on the U.K  thanks for sharing the pic, this is what i like to see, Input from worldwide,  Thanks.

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
Does Hino do any assembly in the EU?  The styling of the cab on that mixer looks much more European than Japanese.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

Alan Drake

• Regular Membership
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »
 I 'm not sure whether they have an assembly line or not but the imports and dealerships are run through Harris Industries of Dublin Ireland

Gary Smith

• Fleet eye for the Chicken guy
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 02:21:53 AM »
D50.  Idont know as the DAF is any worsethan the Foden was as they were built on the same production line track. Foden had a certain kudos about the name ( a bit like Mack), and people didn't like the way the name was just 'retired' (Paccar terminology ) and the buyers and dealers just switched to HINO.

Sort of like we're seeing here in the US with a lot of former Mack and Autocar vocational (i.e. construction & refuse) customers gravitating to Paccar products, Peterbilt in particular.
It's a Mack thing. you wouldn't understand.....

"Every highway, just beyond the high beams"

GrantNZ

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
Is there any market for coe trucks in america or canada?? cause in New Zealand Isuzu and Mitsubishi have recently released 530hp models into our market. This means that in the heavy truck market in NZ Misubishi fuso's have engines with:
370hp for 4x2 and 6x4 trucks (tractor units)
430hp for 6x4 and 8x4 trucks (tractor unit and rigid-drawbar/ringfeder unit)
470hp for 6x4 trucks (tractor units)
530hp for 6x4 and 8x4 trucks (tractor units and rigid-drawbar/ringfeder unit)

And Isuzu heavy trucks have engines with:

400hp for 6x4 trucks (tractor units)
460hp for 6x4 and 8x4 trucks (tractor units and rigid-drawbar/ringfeder unit)
530hp for 6x4 and 8x4 trucks (tractor units and rigid-drawbar/ringfeder unit)

And Nissan Diesel's biggest engine has only 460hp and is available in a 6x4 or 8x4 format

Grant

tree_guy05

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »
In my area of the US, coe trucks are commonly used for refuse pickup.  They are typically 6x4 cab chassis with or with out 1 lift axle.  They are mostly mack/volvo/peterbilt.  As far as tractors, I don't forsee many switching to the coe design from the conventionals.  Length just isn't an issue and many don't like the appearance.  I have never seen a Mitsubishi, Isuzu, or Nissan nearly this large.  Those companies only make cars and light commercial coe trucks over here.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs