If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Western Distributing Yard  (Read 11986 times)

Steve_WI

Re: Western Distributing Yard
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 05:41:36 AM »
Sorry for the number of pictures. It was hard to only choose a few.
Well said! 

I'm not a huge Western fan, but I will admit they do have a classy fleet.  Don't see many of their trucks around here..... at least I don't.  :-(  I unfortunatly don't have any of their DCP models either.  If I was ever out to Colorado, this would be a spot I'd like to check out.

BTW, I still am not a fan of turbo wings.  Never really have.  Now I know their purpose and what not, but they just don't look good, especially on the Kenworth Aerocabs.  Either give me the factory fairing, the little fiberglass ones (whale tail?) or better yet nothing at all.

Great pics as always Hank!  I don't need to say this but I'll say it anyways..... keep up the good work!
Dec. 23, 2008 The end of an era at GM Janesville.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 05:41:36 AM »

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »
let me know when you come out here.
Nestor's yard may have some stuff there, its kinda a 50/50 chance. lol

You bet, will let ya know. ;)

As for Nestor's yard, chances are we'll be coming through Sterling anyway, since we're coming through Nebraska and going to Denver, so I'll probably look for it anyway. :)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 03:25:42 PM »
Great pics as always Hank. Don't see a lot of Western trucks back here in Jersey; the ones i do seem to be the same every time. Didn't realize they had such a big & varied fleet.  :-o Btw where exactly is there yard in Denver?  :?

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
Btw where exactly is there yard in Denver?  :?

Here: http://www.wdtc.net/directions.shtml  8-)

Jan.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

charlie

• Regular Membership
  • Wish i were built like a Mack truck
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »
Yard's only a few miles south of where i lived at 25 years ago. Now if they were in business back then, and if i had a camera and if i was taking truck pics back then i'd probably have some cool pics.  :roll: :-(

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 10:35:17 PM »
Yard's only a few miles south of where i lived at 25 years ago. Now if they were in business back then, and if i had a camera and if i was taking truck pics back then i'd probably have some cool pics.  :roll: :-(

And we'd probably love to see them...  :-D

Jan.

slowride

• carry on
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
Oh yeah, whenever I'm not at work, I'm checking updates around here... keep up the great work, I REALLY appreciate it.
I'm getting jealous though, I've always wanted to go to that yard. Did you, by chance, stop by the TSC yard in Greeley?
Tri states yard is pretty cool .I went there a couple times to pick up loads, they have a transfer pit out back were you can transfer loads. the empty truck backs under the pit and the loaded one drives over the pit you can transfer in about five minutes. The first time I went there my load was on one of their trailers and I thought we were going to have to use an auger to transfer it nope ,just back under they pull over and open the gates. They said one reason they have this is so the drivers don't have to switch trailers all the time.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »