If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Recent Sightings  (Read 161465 times)

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 06:44:35 AM »
Up until early last year if you were an O/O you had to have a WHITE TRUCK, company trucks were WHITE as well. It was in our contract with HIGHLAND as well as in the UNION contract.

When they revamped the HIGHLAND logo  ( prior to TRANSFORCE ) they ordered 50 new Freightliner Columbias , they came in White with 2 versions of Blue / Silver stripes , Blue with White/ silver stripe  or light blue silvery white Stripes, White with Gold / White stripe , Burgundy with Red / Gold stripe.

They now allow the O/O's to have any paint scheme and version of lettering they want.

I pull HIGHLAND chassis's only , they bought 100 new ATLAS chassis over the past year. there is no intermingling between the container divisions YET :shock: , nice to see TRANSPEL and MIRALD working  steady including weekends while we sit :( last year this time 3000 miles a week this year was easy to obtain now lucky if you get 1400 -1800 miles.

Hank's Truck Forum

Recent Sightings
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 06:44:35 AM »

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Transbord
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2005, 07:44:58 PM »
I have seen today a Transbord truck with the Transforce swoosh painted on his doors. But it was not done on the usual Transbord T-800 but on a old Freighliner FLD day cab . Cabano-Kingsway had lot of them in the end of the nineties. It look like they are recycling them.

I have also seen a new Volvo day cab (256035) identified with the Select-Daily logo pulling an old Cabano/Kingsway trailer.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2005, 01:48:21 PM »
Today saw 6 ST LAMBERT TRANSPORT US eastbound on the 401 , pulling 53' dryvans newly lettered with ST LAMBERT TRANSPORT US on the sides and HIGHLAND   (the new prior to Transforce LOGO ) on the front and rear asked about it and got a  :shock:  non response.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
St-Lambert
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2005, 05:30:26 PM »
St-Lambert is a small carrier from Levis Qc that have been bought  in July 2002. It was at that time an all o/o  outfit.

I have noticed  that they have a way to recycle old trailers. For instance I saw a few old McGill trailers  with the logo on the side  that have been recycled for A.M International by lettering  the A.M. new logo on the front and rear of the trailer. The have done the same with Transport Sher-Mont (T.S.M.) and Elsa when they have been integrated  in Interforce. The old logo are still on the side of the trailers and the have lettered the new Interforce logo in the front and in  the rear.
I may be wrong, but all the Highland trailers I have in pictures (prior to the acquisition) are only lettered in front and in the rear. So there is two nice trailers sides where to put new logos if you are recycling them.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2005, 05:22:26 AM »
These were not OLD / RECYCLED trailers but part of the 500 new trailers HIGHLAND recieved last year prior to TRANSFORCE getting involved.

You are correct about HIGHLAND never lettering the sides of the trailers , but now are putting the NEWEST version of HIGHLAND with the red swoosh and " A TRANSFORCE COMPANY " on the side.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Kingsway pulling Labonte
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2005, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: CAN MAN
You see LABONTE pulling KINGSWAY , MONDOR pulling LABONTE , BESNER pulling LABONTE and any mix you can imagine.

This afternoon I saw a Peterbilt 379 pulling a Labonte Btrain dump set and I'm pretty sure the decal on the tractor was Kingsway.
It was a broker unit; painted burgandy.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2005, 01:31:08 PM »
I have seen that truck a few times on the 401 along with a creme W900L

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Recent Sightings
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2005, 03:07:04 PM »
Kingsway Bulk have quite a few 0/0  who run Kenworth W-900 and Peterbilt 379 . They are usually pulling ex-Lebon trailers.  Lebon operations have been integrated in KingswayBulk last year  but some  trailers and tarps are still identified to Lebon.

But I think that  some Transforce divisions have some Peterbilt 379 on their own. I have seen some  in the company color for Interforce, Mondor and Kinsway Bulk.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »
Saw quite a few HIGHLAND tractors bob tailing towards Montreal last week with part if not all the decals peeled off them , 3 O/O's sitting in Kingston with FOR SALE signs in the windows and we have been informed "THINGS to GET SLOWER" :shock:

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
nordique
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2005, 09:38:46 PM »
This morning in North Bay I saw a Peterbilt 379 on with Nordique

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Recent Sightings
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2005, 11:10:54 PM »
Today in St-hyacinthe,I saw a Ganeca truck with a Triton container.The frame was a Highland(sorry Can man :(  )
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2005, 04:10:15 AM »
Typical I have not turned a wheel since last Wednesday ( big 700 mile week ) and yet our equipment is being used by our RELATIVES :?

Big change from a few months ago when we were assured THINGS would not change , buisness would in fact INCREASE and if we were thinking of buying a new truck or adding trucks GO AHEAD best time ever to do it , GLAD I do not have a NEW truck sitting in the DRIVEWAY right now  :roll:

Oh well it had been a good deal / run at HIGHLAND just time to look someplace else , I have a feeling in about another year or so and HIGHLAND will have faded into Canadian Trucking History.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Highland
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2005, 07:52:58 PM »
The way they act is like they are dismantling Highland  quietly and distributing the material in others divisions. I hate seing old company desappearing by the back door.It is a lack of respect, but maybe it is " good business". They did the same with Cabano name  and it was the founding father  of the company. One day, history will take revenge.
It would make sense that  at middle term they keep just a few divisions names.  But as I see it from the outside, they act like they do not really know were they are going.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2005, 04:22:20 PM »
Company trucks pulling containers are being redecaled with the new LOGO . O/O's are still sitting  :(

Called a few other companies and boy there are some RUDE RECRUITERS out there :shock: , I guy could not or would not understand ENGLISH , another was to buisy " I'm eating right now " glad I called at 11AM and not at lunch time :P

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Hey Can Man
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2005, 05:13:48 AM »
Is this a company tractor?

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/bc_trucks/2005/aug08/dsc_5483.jpg

Hank shot it in Langley BC.

Hank's Truck Forum

Hey Can Man
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2005, 05:13:48 AM »