If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Recent Sightings  (Read 154562 times)

Anonymous

Recent Sightings
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 09:08:03 AM »
Rumor is that HIGHLAND is closing the yard in PTE CLAIRE PQ , moving to Drummondville and share space with another TRANSFORCE outfit,  

HIGHLANDS head office in Markham is slated to close along with a few other TRANSFORCE yards in Toronto area and they will all move in together in 1 big yard / office.

HIGHLAND trucks are sitting while other TRANSFORCE groups are getting the work ?

Hank's Truck Forum

Recent Sightings
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 09:08:03 AM »

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
1 Big Yard???
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 01:26:32 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous

HIGHLANDS head office in Markham is slated to close along with a few other TRANSFORCE yards in Toronto area and they will all move in together in 1 big yard / office.

Any idea where?

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Transforce
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 01:46:40 PM »
In Quebec, in most  place, TST Overland and Kingsway share the same yard.
I guess that it is the first step toward  rationalization.  If they have been able to drop the Cabano name which was at the beginning of the company, I think that in a few year from now  they will have only a few divisions and not the 30-35 they have now.

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Re: Transforce
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2005, 04:26:56 PM »
Quote from: G. Laplante
In Quebec, in most  place, TST Overland and Kingsway share the same yard.
I guess that it is the first step toward  rationalization.  If they have been able to drop the Cabano name which was at the beginning of the company, I think that in a few year from now  they will have only a few divisions and not the 30-35 they have now.

Yes, that is what usually happens in a buyout.
I work for a customs broker and I worked for International Import after Livingston bought them. I had worked for Border Brokers before Livingston bought them. Our two offices at Toronto airport had a wall (partition ) between them and they first put the Livingston name, then knocked the wall down (literally) and then amalgamated the two companies and THEN....rebranded them both as one. it took several years to get everything into place.

THEN...I guess we will move this TRANSFORCE category up to Fallen Flags because a lot of trucking companies' names will be lost.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 05:02:31 PM »
RUMORS usually do not end up being the truth  :D  HIGHLANDS going through quite a few changes throughout the company and a few key people have left.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
See another RUMOR that was incorrect they are moving to St Laurent not Drummondville.

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Recent Sightings
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 11:44:59 PM »
Just saw this today.A black Pete 387 from Highland(with the swoosh logo) came to our D.C with a Canadian Tire trailer.He switched to a Clarke Road Transport trailer...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Recent Sightings
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 05:18:38 AM »
Quote from: Pascal Pion
Just saw this today.A black Pete 387 from Highland(with the swoosh logo) came to our D.C with a Canadian Tire trailer.He switched to a Clarke Road Transport trailer...

Just another instance of......anythings possible???? :?:  :?:  :?:

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 06:00:53 AM »
Picture of the new trailers I had a another O/O post on his site

www.photobucket.com/albums/a323/CONTAINERGUY/

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Recent Sightings
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 08:08:09 AM »
Quote from: CAN MAN
Picture of the new trailers I had a another O/O post on his site

www.photobucket.com/albums/a323/CONTAINERGUY/

Canman:

I liked that picture of Musket- Melburn. :shock:  :shock:
Do you see that pretty often?
 :roll:  :roll:

From the looks of who and what they hire; it wouldn't surprise me.
 :mrgreen:

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:52 AM »
That 1 happened near Brockville , other 20' can was laying further down the road.

Pascal Pion

• Regular Membership
  • St Hyacinthe,Quebec,Canada
Recent Sightings
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »
Saw a brand new S.A.S trailer yesterday.It was parked at the Kimberley Clark plant in St-Hyacinthe.53 feet Wabash Duraplate.That makes me wonder.A lot of transport company are complaining about shippers who deals with american hauling outfit,but they are buiying american product.

Personnaly,I think that theres a lot of good van builder in Canada:Manac,Mond,Trailmobile...
War is the terrible ransom that humanity has to pay for it's stupidity...
                  Lt Col Charly Forbes,WW2 hero
                   Maisonneuve Regiment

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 03:29:05 PM »
Lot of the trailers are leased through GE CAPITAL and they supply the 1 with the best $.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Interforce trailers
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 07:01:29 PM »
They have bought a lot of new trailers this years  and about all the one I have seen were Wabash.   I wonder about their buying policies . Over the years they have bought dozens and dozens of small and medium sizes carriers. These company were buying trucks, trailers & equipment from local outfits. With a company the size of Transforce, they may go national for buying. It is a big loss for the local economy of dozens of small towns.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 05:52:45 AM »
They "LEASE" a lot of them and GE CAPITAL is 1 of the major companies they lease through and right now WABASH is 1 of the best deals , you can get a lease on a NEW 53" dryvan with air ride for around $375.00 per month so think f the deal they get for a few 100 trailers.

Hank's Truck Forum

Recent Sightings
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 05:52:45 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs