If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Recent Sightings  (Read 154556 times)

Rob Archer

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • Slickpic
Recent Sightings
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:03:58 PM »
Yesterday, I saw a Kingsway unit. The sticker on the nose read Kingsway but there was a leasing company's name on the side of the trailer. The name started with "J".

Today, I saw a flat deck unit, loaded with a steel coil. The name on the door was AUDET. I couldn't find that company name on Transforce's website.

Hank's Truck Forum

Recent Sightings
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:03:58 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 08:29:04 AM »
There are a few AUDET trucking operations in Quebec  list on the DOT registry but most are 1 truck outfits

Have seen a mix of TRANSFORCE divisions tractors pulling other divisions trailers over the past week.

Saw a TRAVELERS Columbia hooked to a PAPINEAU 53' dryvan in Kingston

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Recent Sightings
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »
I Think that F.Audet Transport was a  trucking company that have been bought by Transpel a few years ago.  I have a few pics of Audet F-Liner Century   in recent years and they were looking like twin  of Transpel trucks , white with blue horizontal stripes.
When Transforce buy a company , most of the time they take control of their divisions.  They keep the tradenames of those companies but they not always use them. When they need it, they can use it. It is the case with  P & W Intermodal which was also a division of Transpel.

For instance, Forestville, Lebon , Retex do not seem to run on their own name anymore . It look like they are integrated in Kingsway Bulk but Transforce keep their  name in bank and anytime they can use them again if they need to.

I dont think that there is a long term plan for companies they buy. Last spring they have bought two small TL carrier in the Sherbrooke area: Transport Elsa & Transport Sher-Mont. In the following weeks they have  put new fleet number and the usual TFI lettering on the side of the trucks.
During the summer , each company received a few new trucks  painted  with the Transforce corporate colors and with their own names on the doors.  In the fall they had painted  Interforce in the front and rear of the trailers. In December they had a bunch of new trailers with Interforce written in big letters on the side . In January we have started to see new trucks with the Interforce identification. I have asked a driver and he told me that the " boss " have decided to melt Elsa and Sher-Mont in a new company   named Interforce and that he would not be surprised if some others divisions would follow the same road. Only the new trucks have the Trnsforce colors and Interforce identification . The others trucks still have the colors and identifications  they had before being in the Transforce family.

Interesting to wait and see. There is always action at Transforce.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:54:09 PM »
Have seen a few HIGHLAND O/O's with new HIGHLAND lettering ( same font as TRANSFORCE ) but no little SWIPE over the top.

HIGHLAND company trucks are getting relettered with new D O T # ( have post on other thread about it )

New US DOT registrations for divisions of Transforce are

TFI TRANSPORT 1 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 2 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 3 SEC HIGHLAND
TFI TRANSPORT 4 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 5 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 6 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 11 SEC
TFI TRANSPORT 12 SEC

With St Laurent PQ as the address.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Transforce reorganization
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 09:37:16 PM »
It look like that they are making a big reorganization. They seem to have about half the administrative units they had last year despite the great amount of  acquisitions they have made  in the last year or so.  I have checked with their financial report for 2004 and  I did not find  at which US DOT registration are corresponding  each ot their 39 divisions.

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
transforce
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »
All the Basic Staples office supplies cube vans and drivers have been taken over by some third party division of Transforce called Force 4. These decals are on the doors of the vans.
Gameca also got purchased by Transforce. They are replacing the fleet but are still retaining Gameca's National lease decals on the sides of the bunks.
Does anyone know what VRAC stands for on the side of the Kingsway Bulk Division VRAC tankers. Is this like LLC but in Quebec.

michael

• Regular Membership
Recent Sightings
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »
Vrac is bulk en francais  :wink:

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
vrac
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 09:14:41 PM »
In French we use the word vrac for loose or unpacked goods. It is the same word we use in transportation  or for a department in groceries stores where goods are unpacked.

CAN MAN

Recent Sightings
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 05:33:33 AM »
Saw a T800 KW in KINGWASY markings pulling a 53' dryvan , KINGSWAY markings front / back but had 2 blue stripes 1 light 1 dark blue running along the sides and a big blue DINOSAUR on both sides of the trailer

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Kingsway
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 02:21:44 PM »
It look like an old Expediteur Japiro trailer . Japiro from Montmagny was bought by Ren? Bussi?res ( former owner of Bellechasse, Rimouski, Speedway , Overnite, Retex )  in October of 2000 . The year after he bought L'Islet Express  . In the spring of 2002 he sold both companies to Transforce where they were integreted in a new division called Transport Select.  Lately they have put Select and Daily together. In Quebec, Kingsway is also in the LTL with Select and there tractors  are   often seen pulling  old trailers of the LTL companies bought by Transforce :  Daily, Japiro , L'Islet, Leblanc , ect.
By the way, I took few hours today to take trucks pictures by the side of TCH near Drummondville and I have seen a Transport Leblanc  T800 pulling an old Japiro trailer.  Maybe the are a little nostalgic and they keep the old material running.

carl_roy

highland division of transforce
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 04:48:59 AM »
Has anyone heard what the plans are for the O/Os with Highland ? Rumour has it that they are not getting the miles lately.

Anonymous

Recent Sightings
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 05:59:46 AM »
Container side is usually slow this time of year , Ice in the St Lawerence , load restictions in Quebec , Port of Montreal shut a day a week for Stevador Union meetings ecte.

Their van side has lost a few big contracts , see them running a lot West & East on HWY 17 in areas .that you never saw them before.

Plenty of RUMORS floating around about things that are in the works , a few O/O's have left but they still have AD's to hire new ones

Anonymous

Recent Sightings
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 07:27:02 AM »
Lot of HIGHLAND company trucks have been put over on the Container side from Vans

They are using the CAT yard near the Goodyear Plant in Napanee for secure storage of Vans / Cans , had a few thefts recently

c.j. hall

• Regular Membership
Montkar
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 06:37:50 PM »
Last week got shots of a Montkar original paint scheme Freightliner Classic pulling old Besner trailer but with new Kingsway logo on the front of trailer.
Montkar spec'd odd Classics, no aircleaners and fuel tanks under doors but with large full sized spare tire carrier frame mounted under bunk.

G. Laplante

• Regular Membership
Montkar
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »
When Montkar began in the beginning of the nineties, it was an all owner-operator  company that was specialized in newsprint transportation. They did not seem to have a company paint code and the trucks were of all brands and all colors .  I may have miss something in their evolution but lately   most of their trucks were white. They were leaving Quebec City  on Sunday morning . So I you were driving from Montreal to the East on TCH at this time you had a chance to meet quite a few Montkar trucks. Last year I noticed that  all of them were identical  F-Liner Classic . I was wondering if they had turned to company trucks.

Hank's Truck Forum

Montkar
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs