Author Topic: Cattle trucks - In Loving Memory of Buck & Hailey  (Read 2255 times)

norseman

• Administrator
Cattle trucks - In Loving Memory of Buck & Hailey
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:33:53 AM »
A couple of nice cattle haulers I found in a parking lot at MATS. Anyone know who Buck and Hailey might have been? Almost looked to be the company name of this cattle outfit, at least the two trucks pictured here had two different owners, yet they had the same lettering on the front of their trailers.

Jan.

This Pete 379 is owned by WFO Express out of Marysville, MO.

And this sharp KW W900L is owned by RC Trucking. It even has "Buck & Hailey" engraved on the stack shields (or whatever those are called).

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
Re: Cattle trucks - In Loving Memory of Buck & Hailey
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:36:21 AM »
Two VERY nice units for sure, no idea who Buck and Hailey were though. :|
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

CowCruzer

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:21:30 AM »
The reason for the different names on the trucks is that quite a few guys own their trucks but pull other people's trailers.  When I used to haul cows I drove for a guy that had two trucks, but we both pulled trailers for a guy out here that owned 14 cow wagons.  My brother owns his truck but pulls a different guy's trailer.  Also, it's not uncommon for a cattle buyer to own some trailers to haul their own calves to the feedlots.

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:25:09 AM »
The reason for the different names on the trucks is that quite a few guys own their trucks but pull other people's trailers.  When I used to haul cows I drove for a guy that had two trucks, but we both pulled trailers for a guy out here that owned 14 cow wagons.  My brother owns his truck but pulls a different guy's trailer.  Also, it's not uncommon for a cattle buyer to own some trailers to haul their own calves to the feedlots.

Yeah, I can see that, have seen the same with other outfits like Mihm and Heitzig and what not. However, do you have any idea whether the Buck & Hailey deal is actually the name of a cattle company? I mean, I can believe anything after seeing an outfit in Minnesota that haul cattle and call themselves Blessed Hope... Not sure the name is too encouraging for the beeves, though, hehe. :wink:

Jan.
"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." -Mark Twain

HC

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:34:56 AM »
Nice pics!

It even has "Buck & Hailey" engraved on the stack shields (or whatever those are called).

I think they're called heat shields, atleast around here they are.

peterbilttrucker

• Belly Dragger
    • My album
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »
I've always just called 'em exhaust shields... either way, we all know what he's talking about. :wink:
Class...you either have it, or you don't.

tejastrucker

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
Nice rigs. Bull haulers seem to run the nicest equipment out there.
Andrew

norseman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »
Thanks, guys. :) I tried to google Buck and Hailey, only thing I came up with that might match was this: "My oldest daughter wears [a bracelet] that says "In memory of Buck and Hailey" in memory of a little girl and her daddy who were killed in a car accident last year. There are many people in my town who wear the "Buck and Hailey" bracelets." Could this have something do do with it?

Jan.

Felipe Garcia

• Regular Membership
    • FelipeGarcia | Aviation & Truck Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:55:00 AM »
That's the exact same thing I found
My website
Truck Photography, Mixers and more.
http://www.felipe-garcia.net
UPDATED 13JUL12

kortehouse

• Regular Membership
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:34:21 PM »
"In memory of Buck & Hailey" is a lasting tribute by Steve Hendersot, Buckshot Express, LaPorte City Iowa. He has 10~12 owner ops leased to him pulling cattle trailers. This slogan pays trbute to close family members Buck and Hailey, killed in a car wreck several years ago.

HuntFlatbed

• Just Trying To Keep Up With The Real Truckers.....
    • My RR Pics
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
"In memory of Buck & Hailey" is a lasting tribute by Steve Hendersot, Buckshot Express, LaPorte City Iowa. He has 10~12 owner ops leased to him pulling cattle trailers. This slogan pays trbute to close family members Buck and Hailey, killed in a car wreck several years ago.

This Buckshot Express?  They operate a KW COE too.

If so, WOW!  Thanks for the info!

NHRS

• Regular Membership
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
"Heat shields"- Up to a point, at least in the old days.

Pulled Wolf Creek Pass, summer late AM, a lifetime ago, old small-bore 335 (NRTO), which meant, best part of an hour from Pagaso Springs to the top, 2000-2100 revs, in 3rd under. Eased off the power and glided to a cool-down stop (& get out check the tires, water the weeds, etc).

KW's had those guards around the mufflers with all those pretty staggered round holes back then, and I just barely leaned against it as I dismounted.

I had that same pattern on my arm for about a week.
If you don't ask, they can't say no.