If you enjoy this web site, please show your support.

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs

Author Topic: Good Lookin' FL COE  (Read 6480 times)

charlie

• Wish i were built like a Mack truck
Good Lookin' FL COE
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
I snapped this D.L. Hamilton Freightliner from Marshall MI headin' home last Friday in Illinois.

Further on down the road i caught up to him again at the Hinsdale IL Oasis. Still a good lookin' truck IMO.

Hank's Truck Forum

Good Lookin' FL COE
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »

Sema D

Re: Good Lookin' FL COE
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
Sure looks better then that Classic next to it.

seventiestrucker

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:10:34 AM »
One historical groovy FLT. Far out :mrgreen:
There were trucks like the Pineapple out of Denver along with Carol Smith and his big black pete w/ a KTA600, The Monfort gang (Monfort Lane) ,Cantrell out of Mo. w/his wicked 359 3408 cat and all his friends, Frank Frazer and his small bunk, big KTA 600.

Westernstar128

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 04:45:44 AM »
sorry to bring this up but what is that hauling

RD600_Mack

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
Thats one Great looking truck and BTW Charlie You dont happen to remember what kind of tractor was pulling that New Century trailer Do you  :? :? :?

Turbo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »
Sure looks better then that Classic next to it.

LOL! I was thinking that too. Looks like a Werner Ent. Classic or ex-Werner Classic. Reminds me of the time I went on a trip with my Dad a few years back hauling rolls of paper to Omaha, NE then went into Iowa (can't remember the name of the town) to an Iam's petfood plant to load to go back to Winnipeg. We had to sit a few hours there before they could load us and while waiting a Werner Ent. Classic pulled in and parked beside us. I remember sitting in the jump seat and looking at this truck, the front bumper was all bent up, half the grill was missing, both front fenders and around the grill had duct tape on and around it I guess to hold it together, one stack was bent forward, the other stack was bent back and out. He had 3 - 4 foot lenght of white PVC pipe duct taped to each mirror bracket. Dad said he's seen that before, they use that to mount a satelite dish on so they can have TV. This truck looked like it had been to war and back!

Ray F

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:09:45 PM »
Maybe that Classic should have a Grill Guard Installed then maybe that the grill wouldnt look like that  :roll: :roll:

MackMixer

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »
Dang, you were in Chicagoland and I missed you  :-(  Love the COE though  :-)

The DAFman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 03:30:35 AM »
Hello Charlie,

Already a real "old" topic, but here are again some comments from my side!!!
First of all, many thanks for all those pictures of good looking trucks!!!
Again also many good "modell-truck" idea's and colorschemes!!!
For this one, I have to give you many extra thanks!!!
I have for years and old Monogram 1/32-scale snap-tite modell of the Freightliner COE in that colorscheme!!!
My intention is to have from every truckmodell and colorscheme I did build an "original" picture of a "real" truck (not those "advertisement" ones)!!!
Those pictures will be put up in the showcases behind the modells and also always used by "modellshows" I do join!!!
Never found an "original" one before!!!!!
This forum and site is for me a real big "treasure" box!!! You know, never say never, that one can't be "real"!!!!!
Take care, safe trips and all the bist wishes and greetings from Germany,

Leo
Deceased.

Hank's Truck Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 03:30:35 AM »

Truck Driving Jobs

Truck Driving Jobs